Peanut Butter Easter Eggs are a yearly tradition in my family. For as long as I can remember, my mom mixed, rolled and dipped these delicious treats. Although, in my opinion she always gave away far too many to other people 🙂 Now I’m making them myself and wanted to share the recipe with you all!
1/2 lb butter, softened
8oz cream cheese
2 lbs powdered sugar (one regular size bag)
1 cup creamy peanut butter*
Milk or semi sweet chocolate for dipping**
*I increased the amount to 2 cups since I’m a peanut butter fiend.
**I used milk chocolate melting wafers which I found in the bulk candy section of my local grocery store. You can also use melted chocolate chips with a bit of shortening mixed in.
1. In a bowl, mix together the first four ingredients: butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar, peanut butter. Chill in the fridge.
2. Form the dough into egg shapes. Place on a baking sheet and transfer to the freezer to harden.
3. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave. Stir often to prevent burning the chocolate.
4. Coat the peanut butter eggs completely in chocolate. Return the eggs to the freezer to harden.
5. Eat as many as you want and store the rest in the fridge : )
What is your favorite Easter candy to make / eat?