Ireland Itinerary – Part 2
Last week I posted the first half of the itinerary for our upcoming trip to Ireland. Check it out here! Today I’m wrapping it up with Galway, the Scottish Isle of Islay, and Northern Ireland. Let’s take a look:
- Drive 3 hours to the Cliffs of Moher
- Possibly spend time hiking through the nearby Burren National Park
- Drive to our AirBnB in Galway – 2 Bedroom Terrace Apartment
- Explore Galway
- Take a boat to the Aran Islands
- Dinner – Irish Evening at Dunguaire Castle! Multi course dinner, drinks, and entertainment.
- Take a leisurely 5 hour drive from Galway to Northern Ireland
- See Giant’s Causeway – a natural phenomenon of interlocking stone columns
- Check in to our AirBnB – Coolfinn Cottage in Ballycastle
- Walk to the docks for a day trip to Scotland!!
- Take the Kintyre Express ferry to and from the Isle of Islay (90 min journey)
- Rent bikes in Port Ellen
- Bike along the coast to the Lagavulin and Ardmore distilleries
- Tour and tasting at each one
- Dinner and drinks in Ballycastle
- Spend the morning exploring various Game of Thrones filming locations nearby
- Drive to Belfast for lunch
- Visit the Titanic Museum
- Stay: Hilton Belfast
- 4 Lanyon Pl, Belfast, Ireland
- Wake up early to drive back to Dublin for our flight home
- Fly United from Dublin to Newark to end our trip
Flight to Newark on United 30,000 points + $45
Hilton Belfast 40,000 Hilton points
Galway AirBnB (2 night) $182 per couple for two nights
Ballycastle AirBnB (2 nights) $232 per couple for two nights
Car Rental ~$50 / day per couple
Dunguaire Castle Banquet $65 / person
Kintyre Ferry (roundtrip) $168 / person
Titanic Belfast $25 / person
Any suggestions for us in Ireland?
Amazing! I know nothing about traveling all over the country, what a wonderful looking place to explore.
Visit website: “https://www.ridetransferdirect.com/”.