2019 Blog and Reading Goals
I’m not the type of person who normally writes down (or even comes up with) goals. However, with a baby on the way I want to make sure my reading life and this blog don’t get lost in the craziness. So, when I saw Kim’s post with both her blogging and reading goals, I decided that was the way to go. Hopefully by sharing these ideas and checking in every few months I’ll actually stick to them!
- Read 90 Books – Currently my Goodreads total is set at an arbitrary 90 books for the year. That’s about 7 books a month or close to 2 books a week. This baby is due in March, so while I can cruise through plenty of books before then, we’ll see how things go after he’s born…
- Read 5 Christian Nonfiction books – Our pastor challenged us last week to have enough knowledge to intelligently defend our faith and answer questions about our beliefs. If you’re interested, we’re in the middle of a fascinating series that covers weighty topics such as science and religion and proving the existence of God which you can watch online here! It’s based on a fascinating book called The Problem of God, which I’m currently reading. Throughout the year I want to make this challenge a priority in my reading life.
- Buy a new blog theme – I’ve been using a free WordPress theme for the past three years, so it’s time for an upgrade. The options seem endless, so if anyone has a shop/website that they’ve used and loved let me know!
- Write 52 posts this year – My goal is an average of one post per week. Normally I double that, so it seems like a reasonable amount once there’s a newborn in the picture.
- Add every post to Pinterest with Tailwind – I splurged on a paid subscription to Tailwind, the Pinterest scheduling service, this year. It’s incredible how much more traffic I get when I use their website, so I’m hoping to take full advantage of it this year.
- Add a used book shop – Ok this is a major stretch goal, but Jay and I are tossing around the idea of selling some of our books through my blog. We love visiting used book sales and are currently owners of more than 600 books! So, we could sell a few of our favorites at a much better price than new books. We’d also love to take requests from readers looking for specific books. Then we’ll have titles to hunt down when we visit book sales in the future. I’m not sure if there’d be enough interest, so we’ll see if this one happens…
What are your blog or reading goals for 2019?
*Disclosure – I earn a small commission if you purchase items/subscriptions through the links included above at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting my blog!!
Fun goals! My reading always tanked when I had my kids, but more so when I was pregnant than after I had a newborn. Mostly because I learned to bottle feed while reading. Best of luck with the baby, and the rest of your goals! I think a used book shop option sounds like a fantastic idea if you already have the books.
Thanks! I had a similar experience for the first half of my pregnancy where I didn’t feel like reading AT ALL. Thankfully that went away!
Best wishes with your goals this year! I absolutely love Tailwind! It’s helped my grow my Pinterest account in so many ways. I really would like to try out the Instagram side of Tailwind this year, so we’ll see if that happens!
If you have any Tailwind tips pass them along!! I’m just getting into it so I’m sure there’s more I could be doing…
Feel free to ask me anything about Tailwind! I use it with great results. Also, I have a Restored 316 theme and adore it.
Here’s the link: https://restored316designs.com
Your goals sound amazing! Your used bookstore sounds awesome too! I’ve tossed around the idea of doing the same, so it’ll be interesting to see how you do!
I think I may take your idea and post my goals for next year too.