No Bake Chocolate and Peanut Butter Bar Recipe
During the snow storm last month, I was browsing Pinterest for new recipes I could make with only the ingredients in my apartment (since a trip to the grocery store was certainly out of the question) and stumbled on a version of these No Bake Chocolate & Peanut Butter Bars. The recipe has only 5 ingredients and took less than 15 minutes to make! I substituted semi-sweet chocolate chips for the chocolate ganache to make it even easier.
Ingredients (Makes 12 bars):
1 cup butter, melted
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
2 cups powdered sugar
1 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
1 1/2 cups milk chocolate (or semi-sweet) chocolate chips
1. In a bowl, mix together the melted butter, graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar and 1 cup peanut butter until well blended.
2. Press evenly into the bottom of an ungreased 9×13 pan. I used 8×8 for a smaller batch.
3. Microwave the chocolate chips and remaining peanut butter, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth. Don’t try to melt the chocolate in one shot. Stopping and stirring ensures that the chocolate doesn’t burn. It should only take 2-3 sessions in the microwave before the bowl is warm enough to melt any remaining lumps as you stir.
4. Spread the chocolate over the peanut butter layer.
5. Refrigerate for at least one hour before cutting into squares.
The hardest part of this chocolate peanut butter bar recipe was waiting an hour before I could try it! I only made a half batch and ate the entire thing in 3 days. I hope you enjoy these no bake peanut butter bars too!
This looks real good. And it seems surprisingly easy as well!
It is super easy – a big reason why I’m willing to make it : )