It’s been almost two months since our last trip and it feels like we’re in a major drought! Luckily, October and November are full of trips and events. Our major vacation in October is San Francisco! We’re heading there for six days with my parents, who have already visited. However, it’s the first time for Jay and I, so we’re trying to fit in as much as possible!
Keep reading for our San Francisco itinerary.
Day 1: Departure
- Fly American Airlines from JFK to San Francisco at 8:00am
- Park at Park Plus JFK (I purchased a Groupon!)
- Arrive in San Francisco by noon – Take an Uber to our hotel
- Spend the afternoon and evening exploring Fisherman’s Wharf
- Stay: Sheraton Fisherman’s Wharf
2500 Mason St, San Francisco, CA
Day 2: Alcatraz
- Pick up Alcatraz tickets (free with the San Francisco Go Card)
- Take the boat to the island and spend the morning touring Alcatraz
- Afternoon and evening exploring Fisherman’s Wharf
Day 3: Napa Valley Wine Tour
- Full day wine tour in Napa Valley (free with the San Francisco Go Card)
- Bus picks us up and drops us back off in Fisherman’s Wharf
- Tasting fees are included!
Day 4 – 5: Explore San Francisco
- Use the San Francisco Go Card for included access to a wide variety of tours/attractions
- Boat tours of the harbor
- 2-day Hop on/Hop off bus tour
- Rent bicycles to bike across the Golden Gate Bridge
- Walk up and down Lombard Street
- Visit Chinatown
Day 6: Home
- Fly Delta from San Francisco to JFK at 8:15am
- Arrive at JFK around 5pm and hope there’s not horrible traffic on the way home!
Estimated Trip Costs
Sheraton Fisherman’s Wharf 48,000 points (12,000 per night – 5th night free with SPG)
American Flight (JFK to SFO) 12,500 points + $6 per person
Delta Flight (SFO to JFK) 22,500 points + $6 per person (Delta Comfort seat)
San Francisco Go Card $150 (unlimited free access for 5 days)
Parking at JFK $100
What are your favorite things to see and do in San Francisco?