Itinerary – Walt Disney World 2016
I have to admit, I didn’t think I’d be going back to Disney only a year later. When my parents first told me about their trip this fall, I quickly decided I was just there and it wouldn’t be worthwhile to use vacation days or spend the money to go back.
Well, of course that all changed. The biggest factor is who’s going: my cousin, her husband, and three sons! My parents and I just adore spending time with them (which doesn’t happen often since they live in Ohio). Plus, I’ve never had the pleasure of experiencing Disney with kids!
Just like last year, we’ve now hit the one month mark until I arrive! Here are our touring plans:
- Take an evening flight from Trenton to Orlando. This will be the year of low cost airlines, which is partly why I’m able to go at all. I’m not even bringing a normal carry on, just a backpack filled to the brim, in order to save money.
- Jay is graciously driving me over to Trenton and dropping me off so I don’t have to leave my car there.
- The Disney Magical Express will pick me up at the Orlando airport and drive me to Old Key West where we’re staying.
- Catch up with the family and hear about their adventures during their first three days before I arrived.
- Stay: Old Key West Resort
Located within the Walt Disney World Complex
- Disney Resorts Day
- Visit a few of the elaborately themed Disney resorts and hope for warm weather since there will definitely be pool time.
- Lunch at Whispering Canyon Cafe in the Wilderness Lodge
- Maybe swing by Downtown Disney to check out all the new shops and restaurants.
- Magic Kingdom
- Fast Passes
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Seven Dwarf’s Mine Train
- Enchanted Tales with Belle
- Animal Kingdom
- Fast Passes
- Expedition Everest
- Festival of the Lion King
- Kilimanjaro Safaris
- Dinner at Trail’s End Restaurant at Fort Wilderness Resort.
- Early morning flight from Orlando to Newark where Jay will be waiting to take me home
Estimated Trip Costs
Flight TTN to MCO (Frontier) $53
Flight MCO to EWR (Spirit) $123
Disney 2 day ticket $215
Disney Animal Kingdom Lodge Free (parents used DVC points)
Airport Parking Free (Jay’s dropping me off)
Transportation: Airport to/from Hotel Free (Disney Magical Express)
I’m so excited you are going! They boys are counting down the days!
I’m counting down too!!
Disney Springs has a lot of great restaurants to check out like Chef Art Smith’s Homecoming Kitchen and Morimoto Asia (my favorite!).
If you are at Disney while the Food & Wine Festival is going on at Epcot I would recommend checking it out. It’s Disney for adults! It’s may favorite park 🙂
Enjoy your trip to Orlando!
I haven’t been to the new Disney Springs but the Food and Wine Festival is a favorite : ) I love getting to sample so many different cuisines and flavors!