Charleston, SC Itinerary
Due to a lucky circumstance, Jay is now scheduled to attend a work seminar in Charleston in May. Charleston is at the top of my list of US cities to visit, so I’m thrilled that I’ll be able to join him! I’m mentally preparing myself to eat ALL THE FOOD the city has to offer. His seminar is on a Thursday, so I’m flying out Friday morning and we’re staying until Sunday. I’m hoping two days will be plenty of time to get a taste of the city (see what I did there?? Can you tell I’m excited for the food?). Use this Charleston itinerary as a guide for spending three days in the area!
- Flight from Trenton to Charleston on Frontier Airlines. (Flights are ridiculously expensive from Philly and Newark, so thankfully Frontier had direct flights for $220 round trip! Can’t beat that deal)
- Meet Jay at the Charleston airport
- Head to downtown Charleston
- Walking tour of the city
- Explore the shops, including Blue Bicycle Books
- Visit Charleston City Market
- Visit Aiken Rhett House Museum
- Find a place for dinner – send recommendations!!
- Stay: Hilton Garden Inn Charleston / West Ashley
- Find a delicious southern breakfast (biscuits are a requirement)
- Visit Magnolia plantation
- Take the ferry to visit Fort Sumter
- Depending on our mood, return to downtown for dinner or explore the beaches
- Dinner and drinks…somewhere (share more recommendations!)
- Wake up late (no early flights this trip!!)
- Enjoy a hearty brunch
- Fly Frontier from Charleston back to Trenton
Estimated Trip Costs for 3 Day Charleston Itinerary
Hilton Garden Hotel (two nights) 80,000 Hilton points (40k per night)
Parking (two nights) $20
Flight to and from Charleston (Frontier) $220
Charleston Walking Tour $25
Aiken Rhett House Museum $12
Magnolia Plantation $28
Ferry to Fort Sumter $22
Check out my full trip review of Charleston here!
Fun! I love a good weekend getaway. I’ve always wanted to go Charleston. We lived in Asheville, NC for 6 years which was only 3 hours away. We have friends there too, but the stars just never aligned. I hear the food is great there. I’m sure anywhere you go will be delicious. You should definitely hit up the beach if you have time. Have fun!