Trip Itinerary – Vermont
January was a dark month for me. I realized I had no vacations planned until our honeymoon in June!! Jay is traveling all over the place during the winter/spring for work, but we didn’t plan anything for just us. Of course, this was unacceptable so I convinced him to sneak in a long weekend in Vermont between his trips, moving into a new house, and our wedding. No big deal : )
We haven’t actually booked any of the hotels or completely finalized our plans, but here’s what I’m hoping to see during our four days in Vermont!
- Take a half day off work and leave after lunch to drive the 6 hours to Montpelier, VT.
- Arrive around dinnertime and explore downtown Montpelier to find a place to eat.
- Stay: Airbnb (maybe here or here)
Since there aren’t any chain hotels in downtown Montpelier, we’ll probably give Airbnb a shot.
- Breakfast at Down Home Kitchen, a local southern style restaurant
- Cabot Cheese Factory Tour
- Open from 10am – 4pm (Mon – Sat)
- Head back to Montpelier to hike Mount Mansfield, the highest peak in Vermont (if it’s not too snowy)
- Drive to Burlington, VT and check in to the hotel
- Dinner options:
- The Farmhouse Tap and Grill
- American Flatbread
- Stay: Hilton Burlington
60 Battery St, Burlington, VT
- Ben and Jerry Factory Tour
- Open 10am – 6pm
- Lunch in Waterbury, VT
- Lake Champlain Chocolates Factory Tour
- Monday – Friday: Tours on the hour from 11am-2pm
- Saturday – Sunday: Free chocolate tasting / tour from 11am – 4pm
- Spend some time exploring downtown Burlington
- Battery Park
- Leave after breakfast and stop in Manchester, VT
- Manchester Outlets
- Northshire Bookstore (bookstores are always a requirement 🙂 )
- Visit The Lincoln Family home – Hildene
- Drive the remaining 4 hours back to PA
Estimated Trip Costs
Airbnb (one night) $150
Hilton Burlington (two nights) 80,000 points
Cabot Cheese Factory Tour $3 per person
Hildene (Lincoln Home) $20
What are your favorite things to see and do in Vermont?