Peanut Butter Eggs are a yearly tradition in my family. For as long as I can remember, I helped my mom mix, roll and dip these delicious treats before Easter. Although, in my opinion she always gave away far too many to other people 🙂 Now I’m making them myself and wanted to share the recipe with you all!
1/2 lb butter, softened
8oz cream cheese
2 lbs powdered sugar (one regular size bag)
1 cup creamy peanut butter*
Milk or semi sweet chocolate for dipping**
*I increased the amount to 2 cups since I’m a peanut butter fiend.
**I used milk chocolate melting wafers which I found in the bulk candy section of my local grocery store. If you have a candy/cake decorating supply store near you, try to find Merckens melting chocolate. It’s much higher quality than what you’ll get at a grocery store. You can also find it online here. One final option is melting chocolate chips with a bit of shortening mixed in.
1. In a bowl, mix together the first four ingredients: butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar, peanut butter. Chill in the fridge.
2. Form the dough into egg shapes. Place on a baking sheet and transfer to the freezer to harden.
3. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave. Stir often to prevent burning the chocolate.
4. Coat the peanut butter eggs completely in chocolate. Store the eggs to the fridge to harden.
5. Eat as many as you want and keep the rest in the fridge : )
What is your favorite Easter candy to make / eat?